JY can cook, so can YOU!

10:06 PM jiayg 0 Comments

Mummy and Daddy went to Shantou (China) this week for a short holiday to "find their roots". Haha..we're teochews so they went back there (hopefully) to find a few relatives and also for some sight seeing I guess. So little sis and I had whole house to ourselves and it's funny how I feel like cooking when the parents are not home. 

On Monday night, I made aglio olio that was too oily (I thought it was too little so added more along the way :/). Other than that, it was nice! Hehe..

Tuesday night was western food again - chicken chop! Went to NTUC wanting to get the premix gravy for chicken chop but I couldn't find the right one. So I got the Asian kitchen (or something like that) black pepper gravy (meant for stir frying beef- the Asian way). As for the chicken, I got chicken fillets (after I got home, I realized recipes recommended chicken thighs) which was quite alright after marinating them. The black pepper gravy turned out to be too spicy and we were busy gulping water. Haha


On the third night, I told my sis I wanted some Chinese food so she cooked peanut porridge and fried an egg for us. We were brought up having porridge quite often! Be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Didnt cook last night because sis went out to meet her friends, and thank god for friends like Shyan, who stays near my area, was available for my impromptu dinner invitation, we managed to have Nihon Mura! 

And today morning, we woke up a bit late and even though we rushed to McDonald's, reaching 5 minutes before breakfast ends, the menu was already changed. Feeling disappointed, and we didn't want to have breakfast at the hawker centre because it was so packed and hot! So we decided to make our own pancakes! It turned out to be nice though a bit damp.

I must say it's really not easy prepping a meal! Even though it's only for 2pax, I took an average of 1 hour each to prepare all the above meals. It makes me respect mothers (especially my mummy) who can whip up a meal for 4-5 pax within an hour! Amazing! 


Feeling as tired as Sammy now! 






0 comments: