Happy 2015!

2:41 PM jiayg 0 Comments

Yet another year has passed and we're already into the second day of 2015! Speaking about time flying, I'm already stepping into the quarter-life phase.

Looking back at 2014, I spent the first half of the year still at my old job, and then decided to take the leap of faith to quit and embark on my first solo trip at Taiwan. I guess that was the main highlight of 2014. After which I slacked for 4 months and in between I went to Siem Reap & Bangkok with #theHappyTrio. And then working part-time/ temporary positions. Thereafter, ending 2014 with a 4-day volunteering trip at a Children's Home in Batam where I met new friends who were a fun and crazy bunch of people.




Cece Ying and her little boyfriends.



I don't usually do resolutions (if you can see from my past years' new year posts) but I think I did set some unspoken tasks for the year in my heart/mind, of which I managed to do a solo trip, shed off some pounds (2 kilos!) and maintaining (okay I did slack off on some Saturdays) the jogging regime every Saturday. Oh and to start on some kind of volunteering, especially after coming back from the Cambodia trip where I discovered the disparity of kids' living conditions here and there. Not forgetting reading at least 9 (story)books this year, which is definitely more than what I've read over the past 10 years! In fact, to encourage myself to read more, I shared a Kindle with the sis and hoping it's going to arrive soon!

And for this year, I'm really hoping for more adventures. But that can't really be accomplished without finding a job that ensures I can eat well and to go on such adventures. It was sad seeing the savings in my bank slowly depleting (but hey, I think my trips were well accounted for and the rest I get). I'm also going to make sure I keep up the weekly-jog (though I'll cut myself some slack for a few weekends and not compensating the forgone sessions...haha). Oh yes, and to make sure I don't procrastinate!

Can't believe it actually took me half a year for the various posts on my Taiwan solo trip and yet not done with them. (okay okay, 2 more posts to go!). And then there's the Cambodia, Siem Reap trip too....Queen of Procrastination. 

I'm also going to start on listing a happy thing that happened to me every day. At least, to remind myself that there's something (albeit little) worth smiling for, every single day. Because I think I've be frowning/scowling too much.

For the first day of 2015 (alright, I know it's the second day already, I'll compensate with 2!), here's what made me happy.

#1/365thingsthatmakemehappy
Counting down to 2015 and spending the first few moments of 2015 with friends I love.

The countdown party was really fun and I felt so young with all the little fan girls of Big Bang screaming their heads off and dancing the night away! Second part of the party to Irene's place (a new friend I made who volunteered at Batam too) with the rest of the #radmilacoolkidz was awesome. I like my new friends! 




#2/365thingsthatmakemehappy
New year gift exchange (fine, it's belated Christmas exchange) with #the160s at Nabins, an Arabic cuisine restaurant.

1) We had our first gift exchange in our 4.5years of friendship. 2) We tried a new restaurant apart from fish and co, pizza hut and swensens. 3) We took more than 5 photos! 


Seems like we're starting new year on the right track! 

0 comments: