想很多

7:48 PM jiayg 0 Comments

I shall update about my Taiwan trip soon! :D

I know I've been gone too long. 12 days in Taiwan! It was definitely a good trip where I temporarily forgot about work and concentrated enjoying myself there, despite the hot weather and getting myself tanned.

The most worrying thing I had in mind the whole day I was there was the cat seminar that happened last Sunday. I worried about the number of attendees; I worried about the set-up of the hall; I worried about whether the speakers will cancel on me at the last minute; and I worried about the flow and organisation of the seminar.

I'm glad the response was above expectation and the seminar ran well! Phew. The satisfaction I get from seeing the success of Better Owner Better Cat is priceless. Seeing the attendees and speakers enjoying/ benefiting from this event as well as my client very satisfied with the event, makes every little worry and headaches worthwhile.

But what has been boggling my mind and disturbing my thoughts (for quite some time, throughout the trip and after the seminar) was where does my passion really lies. What do I really enjoy doing?

The first straw begins with this article: http://www.knowledgeformen.com/10-reasons-why-no-one-knows-what-theyre-doing-in-their-20s/

  • It made me realise I've spent my 23 years doing whatever this article has mentioned which led to the current situation of why I don't know what I'm doing now. 

And the second straw was at Taiwan when I saw so many people who can for example, leave the rural areas to go to the city to work, but yet they stayed at their homeplace to carry on their family's business which most probably have been passed down for 3 generations. Or perhaps, like the driver in Kenting, she just likes meeting new people and likes driving tourists around.
  • Simple things like this which they do for a living, strikes me as a possible business opportunity in Singapore, but my mindset geared towards how I can make this profitable. (and not doing it because I really like to).
The last and most recent straw was during the seminar, I looked at all my speakers, and I realise they are all doing what they're doing because they love animals. They want to do something for the animals. Especially the vet whom I invited (and I really like her because she's nice and genuine), and I dont know why, but there's this feeling of 很強烈的使命感 that I feel for her (if I were her) as a vet. The image of her coming back from her break and putting on her uniform and holding on to the stethoscope as she walks over to her booth to carry on with the vet check - just keeps being stuck in my head! 

And while I was finding if she had any positive/negative reviews online, I chanced upon her blog. I'm not being a stalker but as I read her blogposts (which was about her study days in Australia, onto the path of becoming a vet), I could sense the passion she had for animals and how, despite the heavy texts to read/study, she could enjoy every moment! 

我真是一個想很多的人!

0 comments: